Monday, June 30, 2008

the symbolism of milk tea

I switched to the pure sweetness of green apple milk tea, with a slight tinge of sourness.

And sometimes, it's just that I need to stop in my tracks and satisfy that occasional craving for sweetness.

Or whatever you define it as.

I always drink a different flavour of milk tea, depending on my mood or craving. Peppermint's my favourite, mainly because of the strong, minty flavour which never fails to perk me up no matter how tired or sleepy I feel. I go for the occasional honey flavour, one with a slight feeling of indulgence, up to you to define how sweet it is. And of course there's the green apple milk tea mentioned above, really sweet with a bit of sourness, much like the feeling of pure happiness.

I went to watch Sex and the City again on Saturday, with one of my friends. Somehow the movie never fails to impress me. Everything in the movie seems so perfect, yet so close to reality.

"We were perfectly happy until we decided to live happily ever after." - Carrie Bradshaw from 'Sex and the City'

And life's like that, ironically so.

Sometimes, I just ask myself. Why is it that so many people yearn to be able to fall in love, yet many of them end up getting hurt in one way or another. It's not that I don't have any faith in love. It's just that people nowadays fall in love way too easily, way too much. Somehow, I just don't know for myself what's love anymore either.

"So what is love? Does that mean calling his name fifty times more than I call mine? Is that love?" - Samantha Jones from 'Sex and the City'

Embracing the alluring possibilities one could have from singlehood, I walk along the busy streets, a cup of green apple milk tea in one hand. That pure sweetness, with a trace of sourness.

Maybe one day, love will fall down from the sky instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home